If you LIKE this recipe, please Share it, Tweet it or Repin it on Pinterest
This Breaded Parmesan Green Beans recipe is one I came up with for a different way to enjoy green beans. It is really easy and so good there are NEVER any leftovers.
Breaded Parmesan Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, washed and stem ends cut off
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (can use less or skip it entirely)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cooking spray
- Wash green beans and trim stem ends
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- In one bowl, whip together 2 eggs and 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- In another shallow bowl or plate combine 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Dip green bean in egg mixture, then roll in bread crumb mixture and place on the foil-covered and sprayed baking sheet.
- Continue till all green beans are coated.
- Bake on center oven rack for 20 minutes. Check half way through and turn them over carefully so they brown evenly and the bottoms don’t burn. After the 20 minutes, make sure they are done to your liking. We prefer them still a little crunchy (20 minutes) but you may want to cook them an additional few minutes to soften more.
- Serve immediately with your favorite main course! These are also good dipped into some Dijon mustard.